Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Character Transfers

Well, a friend of mine has been bugging me to reactivate my World of Warcraft account lately, so I figured I'd look into it. It hasn't been too long, I played over summer, and my account has a 50 Undead Warlock I've built in random spare time. Trouble is, he plays on a PVP Realm, and I enjoy the PvE myself. I think it's easier to get around on for the casual player. Anyway, I was absolutely delighted to hear that they now offer character transfers among ALL server types. Last time I did transfer on WoW was last spring, and it wasn't an option then.

You have to think, it definitely makes sense for Blizzard to offer this service. In fact, it's one that's available on numerous MMOs. The reason is that it's a great accesory. What are you supposed to sell along with an account subscription, especially if your game is one that technically denies the sale of currency and items? Seems like it was a logical step to me, and it's just overall convenient, especially now that I'll be able to level with my friend. However, keep it cash-only; don't make the mistake EA did with UO by offering in-game tokens that could be redeemed for the codes. I think that practice essentially steals revenue, especially with the advent of duping.

No comments:

Post a Comment